This cheesy spinach and zucchini tart is a deliciously easy lunch or dinner idea.
The ingredient of Spinach, zucchini and ricotta rice tart
- 2 cups medium grain rice
- 1L Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 200g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 70g baby spinach
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely shredded mint
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Spinach, zucchini and ricotta rice tart
- Bring rice and chicken stock to the boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Spoon onto a baking tray and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, halve 2 zucchini lengthways and thickly slice. Heat half of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook sliced zucchini and garlic, stirring, for 8 minutes or until golden and just tender. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Grease a 25cm (base measurement) spring form pan.
- Place eggs and ricotta in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add tomatoes, spinach, onion, mint, u00bd cup parmesan, rice and zucchini mixture. Season and toss to combine. Spoon into prepared pan and press down with spatula.
- Thinly slice remaining zucchini and arrange over pie to decorate. Brush with remaining oil. Season and sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and set. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Spinach, zucchini and ricotta rice tartfatContent: