Banish the bland with a tasty summer salad sandwich for lunch tomorrow!
The ingredient of Summer salad sandwich
- 225g can sliced beetroot, drained
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 carrot, grated
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Bananas, to serve
- Sultanas, to serve
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 pinch ground cumin
The instruction how to make Summer salad sandwich
- To make hummus, place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add 1-2 tablespoons water and pulse until a spreadable consistency. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pat dry beetroot with paper towel. Spread hummus over four slices of bread. Top with lettuce, carrot, cheese, tomato, avocado, beetroot and alfalfa. Sandwich together with remaining bread. Pack in lunchbox with fruit and sultanas.
Nutritions of Summer salad sandwichfatContent: