A roast lunch of crisp pork belly is entertaining at its best without the fuss.
The ingredient of Slow-roasted pork belly
- 2kg piece boneless pork belly (skin on)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of Masterfoods Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 onions, sliced
- Salad, to serve
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Salt flakes, to season
The instruction how to make Slow-roasted pork belly
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork belly skin and fat in a criss-cross pattern, without cutting into the meat. Set aside.
- Place garlic, ground cloves, caraway seeds, chilli, thyme and some sea salt in a mortar and pestle and crush to a paste. Stir in the olive oil and lemon juice. Rub the marinade over the pork and stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Arrange the onion slices in a roasting pan and sit the pork on top. Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 170u00b0C, then roast for a further 3 hours or until the pork is tender and cooked through, and the skin is crisp. Rest the pork belly, uncovered, for 20 minutes, then cut into slices and serve with the salad and mashed potato.
Nutritions of Slow-roasted pork bellyfatContent: 900.074 calories
saturatedFatContent: 52 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 104 grams protein
sodiumContent: 285 milligrams cholesterol