Heres a healthy, delicious moveable lunch for busy kids on the go in summer!
The ingredient of Ham and egg bread tarts
- 6 slices day-old wholemeal bread
- rice bran oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon Alfa One rice bran oil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 75g leftover leg ham, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
The instruction how to make Ham and egg bread tarts
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6-hole, 3/4 cup-capacity nonstick texas muffin pan. Place bread on a board. Remove and discard crusts. Using a rolling pin, flatten bread slightly. Press 1 piece bread into 1 prepared muffin hole to form a cup. Spray with oil. Repeat with remaining bread. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ham. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Remove pan from oven. Spoon 1 tablespoon ham mixture into each case. Crack 1 egg over each. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until eggs are just set. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Place tarts, in a single layer, in an airtight container lined with baking paper. Refrigerate.
Nutritions of Ham and egg bread tartsfatContent: 177.338 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 10.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 191 milligrams cholesterol