Celebrate the season with luxurious lunch ideas the whole family will enjoy.
The ingredient of Turkey breast with date, walnut and sage stuffing
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (70g) coarsely torn sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup (85g) fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons port
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage
- 1 (about 2kg) turkey breast fillet
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 24 sage leaves
The instruction how to make Turkey breast with date, walnut and sage stuffing
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Remove from heat.
- Transfer onion to a bowl with bread, dates, walnuts, port and sage and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey, skin-side down, on a clean work surface. Open tenderloin so breast lies flat. Use a knife to slice from the centre of the breast outwards; donu2019t cut all the way through. Repeat on other side. Open breast to lie flat. Spoon stuffing down the centre. Fold in sides to enclose. Use kitchen string to tie at 2cm intervals.
- Place a wire rack in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place turkey on rack. Brush with 2 teaspoons of remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour stock and wine into pan. Roast in oven, occasionally brushing with pan juices, for 1 1/2 hours or until juices run clear when pierced in the thickest part. Remove from oven. Cover with foil. Set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add sage leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Place the turkey on a serving platter. Cut into slices, drizzle with pan juices and sprinkle with sage leaves to serve.
Nutritions of Turkey breast with date, walnut and sage stuffingfatContent: 293.731 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein
sodiumContent: 75 milligrams cholesterol