Create a stylish lunch menu with these elegant crepes with cod and fried potato filling.
The ingredient of Cod and potato crepes with mustard tarragon cream
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 110g butter
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 8 chat (small coliban) potatoes, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 300ml thickened cream
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g smoked cod, flaked
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 80g baby rocket leaves
The instruction how to make Cod and potato crepes with mustard tarragon cream
- Place flour in a bowl and season with salt. Make a well in the centre. Melt 60g of the butter and place in a jug. Add milk and egg and whisk until combined. Pour 125ml (1/2 cup) of milk mixture into flour and stir until incorporated. Add remaining milk mixture and stir until a thin batter forms. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Melt 20g of the remaining butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the potato and cook for 10 minutes or until brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe the pan with paper towel.
- Meanwhile, place cream in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Add the mustard and garlic and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the cod and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until cod is heated through and the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in shallots and tarragon. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of the remaining butter in the same frying pan over medium-low heat until foaming. Pour 80ml (1/3 cup) of batter into the pan and tilt to evenly coat the base. Cook for 1 minute or until the edges of the crepe curl slightly. Turn and cook for a further minute or until light golden underneath. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Repeat with the remaining butter and batter to make 5 more crepes.
- Place crepes on serving plates. Top half of each crepe with rocket leaves and fried potato. Spoon over cod sauce and fold to enclose. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Cod and potato crepes with mustard tarragon creamfatContent: 612.318 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 24 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 25 grams protein
sodiumContent: 214 milligrams cholesterol